Monday, January 5, 2015

Power Flow/Vinyasa Yoga Music Playlist 6/26/14

I get many requests for my music playlists, so here is my latest!

Things to know:
  • The first song Draupadi was a little long for my warmup sequence, so I cut it to exactly 5 minutes when I play it for a yoga class.
  • The second song Guru Mantra seemed a little slow for sun salutations, so I sped up the tempo a bit.
  • There is one song missing that I couldn't find on Amazon, and that is Deep Sleep by Méditation from the album Meditation.  This song is on the playlist between Shri Krishna Govinda and Enter One.
  • This playlist has the BEST SAVASANA SONG EVER!!!  It has a gentle beat that sounds and feels like a slow heartbeat, and listening to the song actually slows your resting heart rate!  This is why it is so great for savasana (paraphrased from Wikipedia): "On 16 October 2011, Marconi Union created "Weightless", in collaboration with the British Academy of Sound Therapy. According to scientists at the Mindlab institution, it induced a 65% reduction in overall anxiety and brought test subjects' resting pulse rates to 35% of their usual resting rates."  To hear the low beat, you need to have a high quality stereo, preferably with a subwoofer.

1 comment:

  1. Here's the 10-hour "Weightless" video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nKsEqFgKhoA

    ReplyDelete